 Robotics / 2384
RE: Pitsco Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:34:38 GMT

Maybe he did not get the Dacta catalog, but the normal Pitsco catalog? My
success rate on getting the right catalog from Pitsco is 1 out of 3. I.e.
twice I got their normal catalogs, and only once did I get the Dacta catalog
that I asked for. Based on my limited samples, I'd say if you request the
catalog by e-mail or from their web page, you get the wrong one. If you call
1-800-362-4308 (that is the Pitsco-Dacta number), you get the right one.

So if your catalog doesn't say "Pitsco Lego Dacta" on the cover (see
http://www.pitsco-legodacta.com/ for a picture of the catalog cover), then
you simply got the wrong catalog.

The various normal Pitsco catalogs have no Lego items in them at all. The
Dacta catalog has about 50% Lego items (including Duplo "Technic" items -
did you know they have gears and axles for Duplo?), mixed with other
non-Lego stuff. It also includes a listing of spare parts that you can
order, and a multi-page RCX insert in the back. Most sets include extensive
educational material for use by teachers in the classroom, and cost a lot
more than you are used to for Lego.

Tilman

I'm severly disapointed with Pitsco... I recieved their catalog • today and
there is NOTHING in it for Robolab or Mindstorms, not even a • mention of it
in the 150+ pages. Is this just my imagination or did they • leave something
out?

I got mine yesterday and there was an insert (about 4 pages)
glued into the
back that was purely Mindstorms.

My guess is that it is a bit too expensive to reprint the catalogue to add
a single line in the middle of the year.. 8)

If you are missing the insert, give 'em a call.

-abc
--
              Alan Clegg                       abc@greenpeas.org
          Greenpeas Consulting              http://www.greenpeas.org