 Robotics / 23817
Re: Looking for the Mindstorms software.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:12:42 GMT

On Tue, April 5, 2005 4:05 pm, lego-robotics@crynwr.com said:
news-gateway@lugnet.com wrote on 04/05/2005 02:56:37 PM:

On Tue, April 5, 2005 1:46 pm, David VinZant said:
Hello all

I just got a minstorms set and the 2.0 software cd has a big crackin • it. Is
there any place that I can download the software? I have already • called LEGO for
a replacement cd. But I just hate to have to wait a week to get to use • the
mindstorms.

I don't think you can download it, but if you really want to dive
in, you could
download NQC, and BricxCC

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nqc/
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/

I can't speak about bricxcc, but I was under the impression that NQC
required the Mindstorms software to be loaded, in order to use certain
Minstorm DLL's to communicate with the RCX via USB tower?  I know under
Linux it does not, but I thought at least under Windows it did.

Is this incorrect?

Tim Massey

The web page for BricxCC says: "You do NOT need to have spirit.ocx registered on
your machine to run BricxCC"

And, version 2.0 of the lego firmware can be found in this file:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/sdk2beta/default.asp

Steve