 Robotics / 23743
    Re: Robolab's string —Claude Baumann
   (...) John, the program you are proposing for discussion is a good example for bad programming practise, you are absolutely right. I think Dijkstra was the first to insist to banish GOTOs from well structured programming. This was one of the things (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        A structured programming question —Mr S
     All, Not to start more discussion on structured vs. unstructured programming, and I hope this doesn't. This doesn't necessarily relate directly to the RCX, but I would like to tap some of the knowledge that is on this list. I have had no formal (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Robolab's string —John Hansen
   (...) The program I showed was the only way you can write a while (true) loop in Robolab with a break statement to terminate the infinite loop. It is Robolab's standard implementation of that good programming practice. My point was that strings (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)