 Robotics / 23669
Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:59:35 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Fri, March 11, 2005 12:48 pm, Steve Baker said:

I still think it's a trivial
rule change for FLL...   Other people - ... will never agree.

And, those are the only options?  Ok, but it's just not a trivial change.

There are a few other topics we never even touched on, like who can you call to get
support for NQC?  Teams would assume they can call LEGO, when in fact they should
call John(?).

And, there's others.

If anyone comes up with anything you can do with NQC, but not Robolab, I may look at
it different, but no one's been able to do that.

So, where is this huge advantage?

Steve

You see, interestingly enough... this is a sort of catch-22 for the
people that want NQC allowed.

If there is a huge advantage to NQC, people who don't use it might
perceive other people using it as somehow unfair to them (even though it
_is_ available to everyone, unfamiliarity with the tool could
nevertheless be construed as an unfair disadvantage when LEGO themselves
is not actively endorsing the product).

If there isn't a huge advantage with NQC, then trying to argue why it
should be allowed is pointless.