 Robotics / 236
235  |  237
Subject:
A simple bumper 'bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 03:38:31 GMT

Hi, all,

I finally got my hands on a Mindstorms set a couple
weeks ago, and I thought that I'd try to use one of
the built-in programs before diving into Robolab (I
have Macs at home).

So, I built a bumper 'bot that uses the built-in
code in RCX slot 5.  It has a solid (if somewhat
slow) geartrain, and its bumper design is mostly
stolen from the MIT 6.270 robot builder's notes.

Beginning 'bot builders may find the details
useful.  Others of you can derive whatever humor
value you deem appropriate.

You can see photos of it at:

  http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/mindstorms/

Please stop by and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
-Tim

PS - Many thanks for helpful photo tips from Jacob Sparre
Andersen (Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk) - see the
lugnet.publish thread "Mindstorms photo critique wanted".

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/