 Robotics / 23555
  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) Ergh, don't you have to be a bit careful here, I don't think FLL permits NQC to be used. JB (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that NQC would be illegal. Isn't it a LEGO product? Andrew Meyer Assistant Coach for the IDEAL Charter School "Cyberwolves" FLL Team (19 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) In the Rules, under the heading Software, only RIS and Robolab are allowed. (URL) believe that includes the use of LASM under Robolab. (19 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) I have no idea who or what the governing body of FLL is. I can understand trying to create a level playing field for FLL events. That makes sense, after all, a group that can go out and spend large sums of money on lots of motors and sensors (...) (19 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) No - NQC is an independently developed OpenSource package - it has nothing to do with the Lego company. Thus, technically, it's a non-Lego part and is ruled out by FLL. Personally, I think that's kinda stupid because the byte-code that ends up (...) (19 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) From their web site (www.usfirst.org): "FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is a multinational non-profit organization, that aspires to transform culture, making science, math, engineering, and technology as cool (...) (19 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) That, my friend, hits the nail _SQUARELY_ on the head. This issue could in theory be addressed by them producing a new, completely platform independant development environment (perhaps itself being done in Java, so that it would work (...) (19 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)