 Robotics / 23512
Re: First attempt at a feed hopper. (Long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:02:29 GMT

On Thu, February 17, 2005 5:54 am, Geoffrey Hyde said:
Well, here goes nothing.  My first attempt at making a feed hopper that
feeds basketballs:

Folder once public, deep links are included below:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ghyde/GBC-hopper/dscf0010.jpg

Geoffrey,

This looks like a nice start.  I suspect it will get more refined as you go.

Looking at the drive train, it looks like the final speed is about .3 rotations per
second.  If you want to speed things up, you should be able to remove one of the
axles that have both an 8 & 24 tooth gear.  That would bring the speed to about 1
rotation per second.

Also I suspect as you continue, you'll learn a lot about what does and what doesn't
work.  You shouldn't be afraid to take what you've learned, scrap the design, and
start over.  That will allow you to remove the weak links that you discover as you
go.

Steve