 Robotics / 23510
Re: Pneumatic Circuit of Pick and Place Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:10:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Bellis wrote:
The arm extension is the Exclusive-OR of the wrist and grab positions, operating
twice per cycle.  The grab, elbow and wrist operate in sequence, with the
extension enabling either the grab or the elbow at any one time.

This makes the circuit a building block.  If more functions were added in
sequence with either the grab or the elbow and wrist, the extension would
provide enabling to one of the two sets of functions at once, toggling itself
before enabling the other set.  Try applying this to another application,
thinking of a suitable substitute for the extension that has to operate twice
per cycle, with two sets of functions that each operate once per cycle.  Of
course the extension substitute could, itself, be a sequence of functions.

I'm not sure whether drawing the circuit with proper mechanical symbols would
add any value, as it's probably easier to reproduce from the Lego element
representation.  PLMKWYT.

Mark

Hi Mark,

  I'm studying your circuit with interest.  I love the XOR part.

Kevin