 Robotics / 23504
  Inductive sensor?

Hey, sensor gurus, is there a way to create a sensor that will sense inductively, as in "wrap a wire around another wire and have the RCX tell you when current is flowing in the other wire? (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inductive sensor?

(...) Hello! I work with these kinds of things, and will try to make a few suggestions. Assuming the signal to detect is DC, there would be only a very short pulse on the detecting line if a transformer (as You describe) is made from the two lines, (...) (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inductive sensor?

(...) There is always a way. You would need a very high gain amplifier to pick up the small amount of voltage induced into the "wrapped" wire. If you are talking about LEGO motor wires, you would need to separate the pair of wires and only wrap (...) (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inductive sensor?

(...) If that can help, my wire guidance sensor senses a 50kHz AC current in a wire: (URL) (19 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics)