 Robotics / 23353
    Communicate RCX2 with Spybot —Alex
   Hi All, I am having RCX2 unit with USB Tower and a spybot. Can they communicate? If so can somebody send me a link to start? Thanks in advance. Alex (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Communicate RCX2 with Spybot —Mathew Clayson
     (...) I don't have useful information to add, but an additional question along these lines. I have an RCX 1.5 and no tower. But I do have a complete spybotics set. Can I send programing to the RCX thrue the spybot or spybot cable? Mat (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

         Re: Communicate RCX2 with Spybot —John Hansen
     (...) No you can't talk to the RCX brick using the Spybot cable and you can't send programming from a computer through the Spybot and to the RCX. The first is an absolute "No". The second is a nearly absolute "No" since it is theoretically possible (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Communicate RCX2 with Spybot —John Hansen
   (...) Yes, they can communicate using IR. Look at the contents of the MindScript header files included in the LEGO Mindstorms SDK 2.5. Also read the Spybot SDK information regarding its built-in subroutines. In addition to using MindScript you can (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)