 Robotics / 23231
    2-wheelers —dan miller
   I don't know if anyone cares about this, but -- I think I figured out something about Legway-type bots and the software that drives them. The puzzle is: why do some versions need a full PID controller (Proportional-Derivative Integral feedback), (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 2-wheelers —John Hay
   (...) I think another huge difference (for me at least) is that Steve's code learns where the upright position is, while most of the others need to be put down in the correct position. (That is what the piece of code does in the 50ms if()). John (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 2-wheelers —dan miller
   I've been looking at that little piece of code, and trying to duplicate its effect in my YAL-based program, without much luck. When I had Steve's code running, it did tend to stay in one spot, but it eventually became unstable. At this point I plan (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)