 Robotics / 23235
Re: 2-wheelers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 03:33:38 GMT

I've been looking at that little piece of code, and trying to duplicate its effect in my YAL-based
program, without much luck.  When I had Steve's code running, it did tend to stay in one spot, but
it eventually became unstable.

At this point I plan to reintroduce Steve's PWM-with-braking concept but add the derivative and
integral terms from the YAL code, and see if I can get my bot to stabilize in one place *without*
a visual cue on the surface.

I've rebuilt the thing with angle sensors on both wheels (I ordered 8 of them from Pitsco!) -- so
I should have more than enough information to get the thing under control.  Just a little bit of
software...