 Robotics / 23166
23165  |  23167
Subject:
Lego Mindstorms at ROBOlympics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:38:41 GMT

ROBOlympics registration is now open!

If you've got a mindstorms kit, we want to see you in San Francisco!
ROBOlympics will be March 24-27th, 2005 at San Francisco State University - a
campus-wide event with events in five different buildings!

Register now or check out our website, including videos from last year!
http://robolympics.net

We've got lots of competitions for Mindstorms - Woots & Snarks (kinda like
FLL),
The Lego Open (build anything), and the Lego Challenge.  You can also use
Mindstorms to compete in Ribbon Climber, Line Slalom, Best of Show, Balancer
race, Walker Challenge, and the art bot categories.

ROBOlympics has 57 total events:

Sumo- 25g, 100g, 500g, and 3kg (R/C & auto)
Robot Soccer- Aibo, Micro, and Humanoid
Combat- 5.3 oz up to 340 lbs
Iron Man- Lifting, High Jump, and Carrying
Robo-One- The Eagle, Wrestling, Door Opening, The Toss, Agility/FreeForm, and
Stair Climbing
Art Bots- Musical, Static, Kinetic, and Bartending
Open- Robot Triathlon, Ribbon Climber, The Line Slalom, Lego Challenge, Best of
Show, Maze Solving, Fire-Fighting, Aibo Performer, Balancer Race - R/C & Auto,
Lego Open, Biped Race, Walker Challenge, and Robomagellan
BEAM- Speeder, Photovore, and Robosapien Hacker

As always, we support kids with the Junior League. We'd really like to see some
FIRST, FLL, and BotBall teams show their stuff at ROBOlympics - there are no
entrance fees for kids!

Eight different under eighteen robot challenges- Woots & Snarks, 120 lb combat,
Lego Challenge, Best of Show, 500g Sumo, Lego Open, Handy Board Ball, and
BotsketBall Challenge.

-David Calkins, President
Robotics Society of America
http://www.robolympics.net