 Robotics / 23165
Re: Light seeker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:53:55 GMT

in lugnet.robotics Danny Staple wrote:

Ahh- you missed something. In the seek task, I am altering an absolute
position, not a relative or error code. It is then in the other task that I
compare the position with the actual position and generate the error value.

But then it _could_ be too late. I know, that your underlying thought is: I add
a number to the current position and subtract it. So it should get to zero
without any other software invention, especialy but setting it to zero.

You should be critical to your thoughts, as this might be the case:

Imagine, the computer, slowed down by its speed, does not detect the "Equal
light on both sensors" condition as it is passing underneath the sensors,
because computer is busy with other steps in the program, or your algorithm does
not provide that. It is, where my fix comes into play. Of course, you should not
slow down computer speed!

Motor movement might result, while it should be stopped.

Did you try it? With its full consequence making the absolute position relative,
as i thought it would be?

I think, this should make it

Greetings
Ralph