 Robotics / 23071
Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:33:31 GMT

If I am understanding the problem correctly here, you
should look into using DCC from the RCX.

If I do understand your problem, here is a link to a
site where a guy tackles using RCX with LEGO trains,
and controls them uniquely well with the help of model
railroad DCC controller circuits, just as is done on
regular RR model setups.

http://sparky.i989.net/ltraindcc.htm

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers

--- Chris Paton <chrisp@cliffhanger.com> wrote:

In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward wrote:
Another option is to have the RCX control a • Mindstorms polarity switch which
can break the connection between the controller • and the track.  However this
doesn't give the RCX the ability to control the
speed of the train.

Hi William

I found out when I ran the train using the Discovery
Scout that it just hurtled
around the track, then backwards and forwards if I
used the pre-programmed
commands.  I have not experimented too much with the
RCX, but thanks for the
suggestion.  I am just hoping that at some point I
will have more time to put
everything together and see what I can come up with.

Chris