 Robotics / 23033
    Re: Darn, I could have used some of those parts..... —Bruce Boyes
   (...) This is even true for the Duplos. Lego holds remarkable tolerances, and in fact has one of the most advanced high-volume, precise, plastic molding facilities in the world. Some of the equipment is custom-designed. So it's no surprise that the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Darn, I could have used some of those parts..... —Steve Baker
   (...) It's not just the precision of the fit either. The plastic used in the knockoffs (even the relatively up-market ones like MegaBloks) is too hard and brittle. The bricks stick together OK the first one or two times you use them - but after (...) (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)