 Robotics / 23033
  Re: Darn, I could have used some of those parts.....

(...) This is even true for the Duplos. Lego holds remarkable tolerances, and in fact has one of the most advanced high-volume, precise, plastic molding facilities in the world. Some of the equipment is custom-designed. So it's no surprise that the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Darn, I could have used some of those parts.....

(...) It's not just the precision of the fit either. The plastic used in the knockoffs (even the relatively up-market ones like MegaBloks) is too hard and brittle. The bricks stick together OK the first one or two times you use them - but after (...) (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)