 Robotics / 23011
Re: How to build Leds?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:47:55 GMT

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesending@msltc.org> wrote in message
news:I72z7C.56J@lugnet.com...
How about some LED bricks already built for you?
http://www.hitechnic.com/Lightbrick.htm

To reply to my own post, these products are currently unavailable.  So let
me fix my mistake...

The output of an RCX is pulsed 9v DC, therefore you need a resistor inline
with your LED so it won't burn out.  Depending on the voltage and mA rating
of your LED, you'll have to do some math -OR- use this handy little LED
calculator from MetkuMods in internetland:

http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/ledcalc/index_eng

There's more info on that page than I could ever give you about LEDs.