 Robotics / 22908
Re: Legway <-> Segway ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:11:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
Can anybody make it clear for me; what came first?
The Legway or the Segway ?

It seems pretty clear to me that the Segway came first.  For one thing, if the
Legway had come first, it wouldn't have been named the Legway -- it would have
been named the LEGO Balancing Robot or some such.

I doubt that would have really been the name, but, I also doubt it would have been Legway...   :)

I suspect it would have been something like "Stand around", seeing as when the
bot is working it's best, it just stands there.

And a very cool job it is, too -- very neat.  I wonder whether anybody has done
something similar using the 8-inch wheels from the Destroyer Droid kit?

The wheels in the Hailfire droid don't get very good traction on a hard floor,
and I don't think the Legway would work very well on carpet.

However, I did just come up with another project that could use some of those
wheels, so I may get a few more...

Steve