 Robotics / 22899
Re: Small battery box into 9V powersource?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:59:58 GMT

  I'd like a small powersource I can plug into a wall, and I've got a small 9V
battery box that seems to have gone bad. The idea is to use a standard "wall
wart" transformer to feed 9-12V DC into the small battery box. But, with all
that lovely room in there, it would be nice to add a rheostat of some type to
be able to dial up the voltage I really want (think very poor mans train
transformer).

what your electronic design lacks, is called a DC to DC converter. Have a google
search about "dc dc converter". Restrinct the search by the voltage you like.

http://www.elexp.com/t_dc-dc.htm

the circuit you will find here can easily fit into hybrid circuit. So you can
buy the whole thing as a DC DC Converter.

greetings
Ralph