 Robotics / 22832
Re: RIS Upgrade Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:18:54 GMT

Or you could just buy a USB-to-serial adapter at your local computer
store. They are fairly inexpensive.

-Timmy Brolin

Orion Pobursky wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Ahui Herrera wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Orion Pobursky wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Ahui Herrera wrote:

I have the RCX 1.5 kit but with my new PC I do not have a serial port.  Does
LEGO just sell the USB version of the IR tower?  If so what item # is it.  Also
is 1.5 the latest firmware or 2.0?  Thanks, AHui

2.0 is the latest and:
http://www.legoeducationstore.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=1001

-Orion

Thanks, but what about the software upgrade?  I remember that I was able to
purchase an upgrade kit from 1.0 to 1.5 from LEGO a while back.  Is there such a
thing from 1.5 to 2.0?

It's set 3805 but it seems that LEGO isn't selling it anymore:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=3805

A quick Bricklink search yeilded:
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?invXrefID=18143&invType=F

-Orion