 Robotics / 22785
    Re: MERLIN valves & sensors —Pete Sevcik
   (...) I have not looked at the spec sheets, but the web page says 500 mA at 5 volts. The valve will probably draw 900 mA at 9 volts, which is past the current limit of an RCX motor port. Even without the current limit problem, you will have short (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MERLIN valves & sensors —Joe Strout
   (...) Did you catch that these are *proportional* air valves? A LEGO mechanical air switch is not proportional, is it? (Genuine question -- I haven't gotten my hands on one yet, so I could be mistaken about that.) (...) Those are cool, but they only (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MERLIN valves & sensors —Steve Baker
   (...) LEGO switches certainly aren't proportional - but I question the value of proportional pneumatic controls. The pressure either side of the valve will equalize very rapidly even if the control is opened only a small amount. Proportional valves (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MERLIN valves & sensors —Ross Crawford
   (...) But if you have a feedback system, the speed at which it activates is very important to avoid overshoot. Unfortunately the LEGO pneumatic switches do not make it easy to create feedback circuits, as they require a lot of force and have a (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MERLIN valves & sensors —Cristiano Freitas
   (...) The correct is: (Please, oh please, LEGO, make small pneumatic solenoid valves!!!) ;-) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)