 Robotics / 22782
    best way to ignore sensors?? —Juan Rodriguez
   Hi. i am interested in programming my RCX to ignore one sensor port once another has been activated. I haven't found a way to do this with RIS Software so I wa wondering what other programming language would allow me to do this with the least amout (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: best way to ignore sensors?? —Joe Strout
   (...) All right, if you're going to keep reposting your question until somebody answers... ;) Any other programming language will allow you to do that just fine. You write the code that makes the RCX do something in response to sensors; you can (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: best way to ignore sensors?? —Mr S
   (...) This sounds like you have a sensor monitor running continuously, and there is code in the monitor. Perhaps if you set up the sensor monitor to only modify a variable rather than cause the RCX to do things, then your other code could monitor (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: best way to ignore sensors?? —Danny Staple
   (...) This is what I interpreted it to mean. I would advise him to use a language like NQC, or another code based programmer. The GUI at last view does not containt much, if any support for variables at all. It could be done in the GUI by having a (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)