 Robotics / 22766
22765  |  22767
Subject:
Power Supply & v3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:50:49 GMT

What power supply does the RCX take?  Can it use the LEGO train power
supply (Train Speed Regulator Power Adaptor 120V 60Hz)?  I know this
somewhere, but I'm in the middle of a brain spasm.

BTW, as far as all the 3.0 discussions and extensibility, the Mindstorms
is great for kids.  I teach 9-15 year olds, hold camps for 7-15 year
olds, coach FLL teams, and own 20 Mindstorms sets, plus zillions of
extra parts and sensors.  Necessity is the mother of invention, and
you'd be surprised how fast and how far these kids can go with what
they've got.  They're a joy and a blast to see.  We use ROBOLAB, which
we really enjoy.

I've got some of them starting their third year, and they're not bored
yet!  I hope the RCX 3.0 is related enough that it doesn't wipe me out
for purely financial reasons, but would like to see more sensors, for
sure...

Liz Bilbro

CyberStorm Robotics Classes and FIRST LEGO League Teams
Sports for the Mind for Lubbock Homeschoolers
www.cyberstorm.us

Computer  Classes
High Tech Classes in a Home School Atmosphere
www.homegrownhightech.com