 Robotics / 22658
Re: Range of RCX sound production
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:28:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

I took a quick peek at Kekoa Proudfoot's (a legend in his
own time), description of the ROM image's sound routine.  If
you try a frequency greater than 20000, the ROM sound routine
plays a default sound (probably the click you hear).  Also
if you try a frequency less than 31Hz, you get the same default
sound.

   Wow! Thanks for verifying my ears <grin>. BTW, where is the Kekoa Proudfoot's
ROM description of this (is it on the Mindstorms Internals page, and I just
missed it)?

  So, even if the audio device [could handle higher] the
RCX ROM limits you.

   Thanks, and for what I had in mind, it was not worth hacking H8 code (I've
got enough problems managing a "high level" language like NQC!). Thank you once
again!

--
Brian Davis