 Robotics / 22644
Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:41:20 GMT

I'm kind of annoyed with the drive systems that
spybots came with too. I have three, and have built
identical robots from them using the large Mindstorms
wheels and a caster wheel. I call them rugbugs as they
work well on the carpet. I have two of them chase each
other with the remotes mounted on the rear of the
other rugbug.

I'd be very interested in any information from anyone
that has experimented with either of the following:

1 - swarming software for the spybots
2 - physical configurations that allow the single
    bumper switch to sense bumps on three or more
    sides.

They are fun to watch, but mostly in the same way that
schooling fish are fun to watch.

Anyone have other ideas?
--- Phillip Thorne <thorne@underbase.org> wrote:

In lugnet.technic on 9 July 2004, Steve Hassenplug