 Robotics / 22636
  bitwise manipulations in C

Hi, Can anybody tell me about bitwise manipulations or point me to a site that explains what it is, what its used for, and how to use it? thanks, Scott ___...___ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: bitwise manipulations in C

(...) There really isn't a lot to tell. All integers (short's, chars) in C are considered as a bunch of bits. You can use the '&', '|', '^', '~', '<<' and '>>' operators to AND, OR, XOR, INVERT, Up-shift and Down-shift all of the bits at once. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: bitwise manipulations in C

(...) Hi Scott, Steve summed it up well. Here's a fairly simple example: (URL) processes data from a LEGO remote control, which arrives every few ms as a "bit mask", with each 1 bit representing a pressed key on the remote. If you look in (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)