 Robotics / 22611
  Re: Pneumatics Vs. Hydraulics

(...) One way to change pressure in Lego pneumatics by a small amount is to switch in a short tube (2cm) with an antenna stuck in the end. This lets only a small amount of air out of the cylinder, whilst not exhausting any to the atmosphere. (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatics Vs. Hydraulics

(...) I'm not clear on this. It sounds interesting, I just can't picture how it's done. Where does the tube go? Is it acting like a little variable volume reservoir? (...) I agree completely here. Hydraulics would be *much* more complicated, (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatics Vs. Hydraulics

(...) Take two valves, two 2cm tubes with an antenna stuck in the end, a 8cm tube and input and output tubes. Arrange the valves so that they switch together, using "1" joints on their levers, connected by a liftarm (centres 32mm apart for old (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)