 Robotics / 22599
22598  |  22600
Subject:
Pneumatics Vs. Hydraulics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:47:06 GMT

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any true difference between Lego pneumatics and
hydraulics. I own a good-sized collection of pneumatics, and am looking at
purchasing a recent model that claims to have hydralics to move an arm on it.
However, as I was looking at the picture in the catalog, I noticed that the
switches on this model appeared to be the same switches used for pneumatics.
This means that they cannot truly be used for hydralics, because they are set up
so that one side of the switch is venting to the atmosphere while the other side
is connected to the load. If indeed there is liquid in the system, this could
prove to be a very messy model! If someone has these "hydraulics," or better
yet, owns this set (in the latest catalog, this model is #8436, called "Truck",
price 89.99), could you tell me if it actually is hydraulically controlled?

Thanks!