 Robotics / 22543
Re: Favorite robot ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:37:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
Finaly somebody are building my favorite movie-star-robot : Johnny Five !
Just look at this Brickshelf folder (robot does not look finished yet)

But even if it is not finished yet, it looks stunning!

Just love to see this finished.

I see a lots of gears, and it hopefully is some motors in there and probably
(or hopefully) a RCX too ?

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

Hi

Today I saw your posting. Sorry for my late replay. I firt had to gain access to
lugnet..

I started building J5 about a year ago. Since then I I built on im my rare
freetime (family an my on company are taken my time away..)

On BrickShelf I'm posting some pictures from time to time. J5 isn't finished
jet. I think, I will have the first release done in autum. In my mind there are
al lot of improvements but I want to fix release 1 first..

J5 uses 16 (maybe 18) morots for movement / joint activation:

- 5 in each arm : ( 1 finges, 1 wrist, 1 ellbow, 2 soulder)
- 3 for head: ( 1 turning, 2 pistons)
- 2 for crawlers (may be I have to use 2 for each..)
- 1 for hp joint

To control all these motors I'm thinking to use JCX. This is a java based
embedded computer supporting LEGO interfaces <http://jcx.systronix.com>

I keeping up posting new pictures on BrickShelf from time to time

Feel free to comment what you see..

Stefan.