 Robotics / 22471
22470  |  22472
Subject:
Look out LEGO- It's Robosapien
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 00:27:41 GMT

I am purchasing the next hottest robot designed by Mark Tilden for my
classroom and it looks amazing. It is designed from the start for
'hacking' and has the internal gearing similar to Furby's. It uses an IR
remote similar to the RCX, but only one channel in this first version. I
found a website preordering them for June 1st shipping date. The cool
news is that you can buy two for $20.00 off the total price! That's
$89.00 each instead of the normal $99.00. It is featured in this months
issue of SERVO magazine. It has the ability to be controlled by the IR
of a PDA according to the website and I am hoping you RCX hackers can
get some extra usage of the IR tower or the RCX to interact with the
bot. It comes with alot of pre-set moves like a Kung-Fo Kata, and verbal
gems like burbs and (Farts). With a little luck, Mr. Tilden has designed
something that colleges will use like they have with the RCX.
Here is the 'official' website, but I'll post the site with the price
offer when I get back to work.
http://www.wowwee.com/robosapien/robo1/robomain.html