 Robotics / 22427
  Re: spybot

(...) Thomas The Spybot is not expandable in any way (hardware or software) as far as I/O ports. It has 2 motors, 1 light sensor, and 1 touch sensor (all built-in). The firmware is not replaceable. It communicates with a PC via a serial cable. It (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: spybot

(...) Actually, it is a USB cable and the communication at the Spybot-end is done via light signals. It looks a little like the computer and Spybot talk morse with blinking lights instead of sounds. (...) But even with it being 'just that', you (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: spybot

(...) Cool. I didn't know they made them with USB, also. The three I have all use serial cables. The "blinking lights" is the VLL (visible light link), which could be used by other devices to communicate with the Spybot. And, I agree, they are more (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: spybot

(...) Are you sure? Mine is serial, and AFAIK all Spybots use the serial interface. Jürgen (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics)