 Robotics / 22280
Re: Brute Force Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:03:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Toepper wrote:
It would be more nice to have ports, that you can define from the software.

Why?  How many ports are needed?  (either In or Out)

What do you need to do that requires more than 10 inputs, or 5 outputs?

I know in a perfect world, it would be really nice if John could fit a 1ghz
processor with 80gb ram in a 4x4 brick.  The I/O would be connected in series,
so you could have any number of ports, and you could communicate with other
tiny-bricks using Blue Tooth technology.  But why?

In a perfect world, I'd own a car that can do 185 mph.  But I'm not sure what to
do with it.  My Jeep does 75 on the highway, and that's about as fast as traffic
will allow me to go.

If someone came up with a good use for a controller with more input/output,
John's the kind of guy that would try to build it.

But I've built quite a few robots, and I've never really needed for more power
than I can get from two RCXs connected via IR.  Who knows, I may try more
things, now, but I can't see the need to build a LEGO robot with more than the
BFB already offers.

Steve