 Robotics / 22261
Re: Max-picking LIDAR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:17:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:

<SNIP>
   No, I did not! How do you do that? Not only might that reduce power
consumption & decrease cycle time, but...

...a couple of FFs (or 00s - whichever causes continuous
transmission of bits)...

...would make it much easier to ensure a maximum reading! Where can I find
documentation on this? For that matter, does anyone know where I could get the
most up-to-date NQC guide? Since the web page moved, the guides seem to have
vanished (& I've only got the 2.3 guide).

As an observation, two Sumo bots doing this kind of detection
would cause some interesting results wouldn't they :)
<SNIP>

Brian, thanks for posting this...I can't wait to try it out :)

As for formatting your own messages in RCX 2.0 you can look at our (LRGoAA)
communication protocol functions put together by Paul Haas for the robotic
soccer event. Here is a link to the download file:
http://www.24tooth.com/Files/Soccer-bot/Soccer-bot.zip. I don't know about
documentation for NQC so much, but this is an example of how to do it.

Jona
http://www.24tooth.com - LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor