 Robotics / 22247
Re: Sense and grab robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:22:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, pspencer@WPI.EDU wrote:
Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the lego scene, but have been digging in with all
that I have. I am teaching a class to 4th-6th graders on Saturday
mornings, and have been building some basic light sensor and touch sensor
bots with the RCX and Robolab. I feel as if it is time to let thier
imaginations take control, but I want to keep some structure to their
bots.

I came up with the idea of a type of botball activity. The bots will sense
a bunch of white and black balls, and depending on how it is programmed,
either pick up the black or white balls. Does anyone have any ideas on
some design? Or know of where I would find something that does this?
Thanks a lot

Yours in lego-ing,

Pat Spencer

Take a look at Mario and Giulio Ferrari's home pages at
http://www.marioferrari.org/index.html and http://www.gferrari.com/right.html.
The progects here may be too complex, but I hope that will help.
Aus