 Robotics / 2217
Re: CyberMaster - Problems with SPIRIT.OCX and Delphi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:42:56 GMT

At 21:27 03-01-1999 Sunday , you wrote:
Hi All!

I have just started to use the SPIRIT.OCX with CyberMaster, and I have some
problems. Perhaps anyone can make me wiser?

I can not get _any_ of the callback procedures to be activated -
VariableChange, DownLoadDone, DownLoadStatus etc.

If I try the SetEvent call, it returns TRUE, but nothing happens on the
transmitter, and nothing happens in my program.

In C++ I do this:

// Defines
#define SPIRIT_COM1 1
#define SPIRIT_COM2 2
#define SPIRIT_COM3 3
#define SPIRIT_COM4 4
#define SPIRIT_IR    0
#define SPIRIT_RADIO 2
#define SPIRIT_CYBERMASTER 0
#define SPIRIT_RCX         1

// Init brick
m_spirit.SetComPortNo( SPIRIT_COM4 );
m_spirit.SetLinkType( SPIRIT_RADIO );
m_spirit.SetPBrick( SPIRIT_CYBERMASTER );
m_spirit.InitComm();
// In case the brick if off...
while( m_spirit.PBAliveOrNot()!=TRUE )
{ }
//
m_spirit.UnlockFirmware( "Do you byte, when I knock?" );

// Now we can communicate
// Example: Start first program
m_spirit.StartTask( 0 );

SPIRIT.OCX version 2.89 Beta3!!! (That's what's on the CyberMaster CD!)

Is there a newer version of SPIRIT somewhere? I could not find anything with
the normal search engines.

Nope, that's my version also.

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]