 Robotics / 22031
Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:42:48 GMT

Lego haven't said they are dropping it. Some journalist suffering from
premature extrapolation decided thats what Lego's original statement meant.

--
James Stacey
------
"Mark Tarrabain" <markt@lynx.SPAMBLOCK.net> wrote in message
Dirk Schlei wrote:

Have you seen Jake McKee's statement?

"... Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all
technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as • consumers
gain new technology knowledge and technology itself continues to get • better and
smaller. ..."

Okay, then when LEGO said they would be dropping their electronics and
movie tie in products, exactly what did they mean by "electronics" then?
  Mindstorms has been, afaik, LEGO's chief electronic product recently.
  We have two apparently mutually exclusive statements here, both from
LEGO.  You'll have to forgive me if I seeem more than a little confused.

Mark