 Robotics / 2195
Re: Limitations in RCX language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:17:47 GMT

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Bruce Rhodewalt wrote:

Maybe I'm nuts.  There seem to be some limitations in this RIS system....

No, you're not nuts.  The software really is limited in some very stupid,
arbitrary and annoying ways, IMHO.  But hey, it's Windoze software.

We see this on both Windows 98 and Windows NT 5.  Do we have to install
Windows 95 to see the full functionality of this programming environment?

You are seeing the full functionality of that programming environment.
If you want to get at the full functionality of the RCX, you need another
programming environment, like one of the ones listed on the web page.  I'm
a fan of the NQC tools.  Does your daughter know C?  :)

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/