 Robotics / 21857
Re: Alternate Energy Sources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:34:08 GMT

"Nikhil Sarma" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:1071524909.3fde2c2d65360@webmail.netdojo.com...
I'm programming the RCX in the leJOS environment and don't like the • prospect of
downloading the firmware everytime I have to replace batteries.

How good and reliable are the solar panels available for the RCX 2.0?

I have done some experimenting with the Lego Solar panel with the Lego
capacitor. Each solar panel with the capacitor will provide 2.5 volts
regulated. The RCX will operate quite well on three cells with three caps in
series. I used the 1.0 rcx with the power input receptacle. The cells are
cumbersome and so add a lot of weight to a robot. All of my experiments were
performed in the bright California sun. Some of my solar projects are at
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/solar.htm

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/