 Robotics / 21723
21722  |  21724
Subject:
Universal Remote vs Lego remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:18:53 GMT

I'm very new to the whole robotics thing so forgive me if the answer to my
question is obvious.

Can a universal remote, the type that "learns" the function of other remotes, be
used to "learn" the functions of the Lego remote?

and..

If the IR tower can send commands directly to the RCX and Scout, can a universal remote be used to save additional commands?  The end result being a more detailed remote, possibly with more complex commands.   Possibly a macro of sorts.

Has anyone played around with this?

Mike