 Robotics / 21500
    Re: More Speed? Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List —Jordan Bradford
   (...) I believe that is exactly what legOS does. It compiles your program and stores it in the firmware area. legOS has no firmware, and it ignores the ROM code, too. It accesses all the hardware directly. That's my understanding, at least. (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: More Speed? Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List —Chris Phillips
   (...) Your understanding is correct. So why doesn't everybody use BrickOS? There are at least two reasons that I am aware of: 1. Many people, especially "non-programmers" find a full-blown C++ implementation to be intimidating and non-user-friendly. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)