 Robotics / 21378
Re: Touch sensor problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 02:22:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark H. Near" <markn@SCOCA-K12.ORG>
To: "Lego" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: Touch sensor problems

My first recourse would be to contact LEGO for a replacement part.

Mark Near

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Camp0s wrote:

Hy to all !

I've a Ris 1.5 since 2000 and everything was going good. Until today.
I was assembling a lego pneumatic switch with a touch sensor to detect • the
center position on the switch, but the sensor seems to have lost
sensibility. When i touch it the maximun value i get is more or less 78 • (as
reading on the RCX with sensor_type_touch and sensor_mode_percent using
NQC).
With this low value it can't switch to "1" loosing it's functionality.

So, I opened it and i found that it works with a small piece of rubber • which
once pressed against 2 small metallic plates it makes the contact. But
somewhere this rubber lost part of it's conductivity.

The question is, what can i do (before buying a new sensor) ?

Thanks to everyone.

As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others,we should
Benjamin
Franklin

Mark
(NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBERS)