 Robotics / 21369
Re: Touch sensor problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:51:22 GMT

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Camp0s wrote:

So, I opened it and i found that it works with a small piece of rubber which
once pressed against 2 small metallic plates it makes the contact. But
somewhere this rubber lost part of it's conductivity.

The question is, what can i do (before buying a new sensor) ?

Try cleaning it with warm water and a mild detergent and then use some
sort of rubber/plastic restorer on it. It's probably shrunk somewhat as
it's dried out over the years. If that doesn't work then scavenge
a membrane keyboard.

-- --

God exists because mathematics is consistent, and the Devil exist because we
can't prove it.
                          Andre Weil, in H. Eves, Mathematical Circles Adieu

      ravage@ssz.com                            jchoate@open-forge.com
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.com