 Robotics / 21377
    Re: replacement for IR-communication —Mike Reddy
   We have done this. That is retro-fitted an RCX with a bluetooth module. It involves hardware hacking the RCX, which will "void the warranty". Don't do it unless you can afford to completely break your RCX, and can afford a spare! Can I ask, are you (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: replacement for IR-communication —Rob Hendrix
   That seems like a very expensive solution. Isn't there a cheaper way? Also, could there be an internal solution (keeping everything inside the RCX and tower)? Rob "Mike Reddy" <mreddy@glam.ac.uk> wrote in message news:HMDouD.Dww@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: replacement for IR-communication —Mike Reddy
   (...) Yes it is expensive, but we weren't paying 8-P However, if you consider that we needed to run up to 8 Mindstorms robots in a 5m square sandpit, each with wireless video and control from separate computers, IR is right out. And RF modems, etc (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics)