 Robotics / 21348
Re: Using .lsc files with RIS 1.5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:32:04 GMT

John,

I would recommend using BricxCC to edit/compile/download your .lsc file.  I'm
not sure what is in RCX2Def.h but if you post the .lsc contents (or email them
to me) I'm sure I can figure out how to use the .lsc without needing the
RCX2Def.h header file.  You should also download and install the 2.5 SDK if you
haven't already.

I tried to email this but AOL appears to be blocking me.

Thanks for your offer of help. I've got the 2.5 SDK installed, and I'll
download BricxCC as soon as Sourceforge comes back up.

The .lsc file is for a robot I've built from the Syngress book "10 Cool
Lego Mindstorms RIS 2.0 Projects". I've attached it, so hopefully you
can tell me how to modify it so I can get it to work.

Steve

program test {

#include <RCX2.h>
#include <RCX2MLT.h>
#include <RCX2Sounds.h>
#include <RCX2Def.h>
var Motion = 0
var temp = 0
var Action = 0
var Moveflag = 0
var Bright = 0
var delta = 0
var Dark = 0
var vStep = 0
var vPeakStep = 0
var vOldLight = 0
var vNewLight = 0
var proximityReading = 0
var lightSensor = 0
var baseLightValue = 0
var loopDone = 0
sensor light3 on 3
light3 is light as percent
sensor touch1 on 1
touch1 is switch as boolean
event tPress_touch1EventPress when touch1.pressed

macro UL_LIFT {
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK picks things up by running his arm motor in
reverse.  ULK knows the object is picked up when the arm presses against
the limit sensor."
direction [  ] [ C ]
on [ C  ]
wait 50
wait until tPress_touch1EventPress
off [ C  ]
}
macro UL_TURN {
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK turns by running the driving motor in reverse.
You may need to change the turning time to compensate for different
flooring materials."
direction [  ] [ A ]
on [ A  ]  for 290
off [ A  ]
direction [ A  ] [ ]
}
macro UL_DROP {
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK drops things by running his arm motor forward.
When the arm presses the limit switch#c ULK turns off the motor."
direction [ C  ] [ ]
on [ C  ]
wait 50
wait until tPress_touch1EventPress
off [ C  ]
}

main {
ext InterfaceType "kRoverBot"
rcx_ClearTimers
bbs_GlobalReset([A B C])
trigger tPress_touch1EventPress
comment (0, 0 ) "This program has ULK searching for LEGO bricks with
which to build its nest.\r\rULK expects to find dark bricks (black or
blue) against a brighter background."
forever {
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK lowers its arm to aim the light sensor at the
floor."
direction [  ] [ C ]
on [ C  ]  for 30
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK takes a light reading and sets a threshold value
for finding bricks.  Here ULK thinks it found a brick when the light
sensor reading drops by 3%.\r\rYou may need to change this value for
your circumstances."
vOldLight = (light3*10)
vOldLight -= 30
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK begins driving forwards in it#ss search for
bricks.  It will drive forward for 10 seconds or until it finds a brick."
direction [ A  ] [ ]
clear Timer1
on [ A  ]
loopDone = 0
while loopDone = 0 {
comment (0, 0 ) "This is a loop to monitor the light sensor and a
timer.  The loop is done when the light sensor reads less than the
threshold#c or the timer runs past 10 seconds."
if light3 < (vOldLight / 10){
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK found a brick!!!  Now drive just a tiny bit
further forward so ULK can pick it up.  The delay of 0.2 seconds may
need tweeking for your circumstances."
loopDone = 10
wait 30
}
else
{
if timer1 < 100{
}
else
{
comment (0, 0 ) "ULK ran out of time searching for a brick."
loopDone = 10
}
}
}
comment (0, 0 ) "Record the timer value.  We will need it when
returning to the nest."
delta = Timer1
off [ A  ]
UL_LIFT
UL_TURN
on [ A  ]  for (delta*10)
UL_DROP
UL_TURN
comment (0, 0 ) "Turn just a tiny bit more to prevent searching the
same area again."
direction [  ] [ A ]
on [ A B C  ]  for 10
}