 Robotics / 21171
  LEGWAY software questions

Steve, I've got some questions about the LEGWAY software. I've read it many times, and spent many miles on the road to and from BrickFest reading the code. Why is the motor speed array 32 entries instead of four? Since the array has 4 groups of 8 (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGWAY software questions

(...) hmm. That's a good idea. I wish I'd have thought about it. That's going to make all my programs shorter, now. At least by 28 entries. :) Actually, one reason to have it that way is because it should process faster. I think. Is it faster to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGWAY software questions

(...) It will process faster, and memory consumption is not a problem. But if you have the time..... (...) I understand the value of everything *except* MotorRunningValue which is a value in the range of 0 to 7, which increments every millisecond. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGWAY software questions

(...) Let me try with a couple examples. Given the above code, if you set MotorA=0, the motor direction will be set to 1 for the first ms (MotorRunningValue==0; 0+0=element 0 in array) and 1 for the second ms (MotorRunningValue==1; 0+1) and 1 for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGWAY software questions

(...) <snip> (...) Yes. Thanks. Your PWM wavelength is 8ms, MotorA or MotorC chooses the first of the 8 entries used for the ON part of the wave. The MotorRunningValue walks you through the other 7 entries (the remainder of the wavelength). (...) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)