 Robotics / 20948
Re: 8455 - new form factor for large piston and switches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Rob Limbaugh" <RLimbaugh@greenfieldgroup.com> wrote:

Kevin,

Did 8455 come with small pneumatic cylinders, or just large ones?

Rob,

  Nope.  Only large pistons.  There is no performance difference between the
pre-2003 pistons and the 2003 pistons.  Form factor is the only difference.

Does the new switch have better, worse, or comparable action to the old
switch, in your opinion?

The resistance to flipping is the same between virgin old style and virgin new
style switches.  I was hoping for a technological improvement over the old
switches so that small pistons could flip them.  No luck.

Kevin

Thanks,
Rob