 Robotics / 20865
20864  |  20866
Subject:
NHL Hockey sets... thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:31:56 GMT

Hello,

Yesterday I bought the four NHL Hockey player sets (#3540, #3541, #3542,
#3543).  There was only enough time last night to play with one of them,
Flip Shot #3542.

The set is mostly new pieces.  New as in never seen before (at least by
me).  There is a return spring mechanism for use with an axle
(auto-centers itself).  The hockey player body is made from a new "gear
box" that looks as if it may be more useful than the Bionicle bodies.
New pieces for the feet look like just the thing for building little
'mechs!  And, there is also one rubber grommet lift arm that is 1x2 in
size with cross axle holes--could definitely be used as dampers in a
device that shakes or vibrates (compressors?).  And more!

Overall, I'd say that the set is a very good addition to the stock bins
for under $8.  It may be low in overall piece count, but the few pieces
that are "standard" are almost all useful Technic pieces.  I'm looking
forward to opening the other 3 sets tonight!

Anyone planning MHL (Mindstorms Hockey League) events yet?

- Rob