 Robotics / 20863
Re: maze solving algorithm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:25:12 GMT

Tomorrow I'm going to test it and see if it works so I'll let you know what
the results are.  As to if I scaled back, I didn't.  My original intent was
to have the robot search the whole maze and be able to start at the
beginning and take the shortest path to the finish.  Hopefully this program
succeeds in doing this.  I might be able to post a video clip of it, if it
works and I get a chance to put it on my website.  While I'm at it, I'll
probably post the code there too if I works.
Scott
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Hassenplug" <hassenplug@mail.com>
To: "scott davis" <rcx2man@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: maze solving algorithm

Scott,

Did you come up with a way to actually solve the maze using NQC, or did • you scale back your goals?

I was working on a maze robot for a contest this past weekend.  I ran out
of time, but I think I have it working in BrickOS.  Why did you give up on
BrickOS?  I assume it's because you couldn't get it set-up.  I think that's
common.  It's pretty tough to get working.

I'm very interested to hear what you've ended up doing.

Thanks
Steve Hassenplug