 Robotics / 20802
20801  |  20803
Subject:
Help with BricxCC and NQC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 06:38:37 GMT

Hello.

I have joined the list to hopefully work through some issues I am having
programming my RCX, gather more info about robotics, and possibly offer some
help in time.  Please let me know if this is not the best list to be posting
this sort of question...

I've recently acquired a book on Mindstorms that covers a number of robots,
and programming with the default software, and via NQC.  So, of course I
want to try out some of the code.  I downloaded and installed the latest
version of BricxCC, and entered some code.  Unfortunately, the code is not
compiling as expected.  The errors I'm getting indicate some of the native
NQC macros don't exist.  Specifically, the following two lines:

SetEvent(PROX_EVENT, EYE, EVENT_TYPE_HIGH);
monitor(EVENT_MASK(PROX_EVENT)) { ... }

(if needed I can post my full code...)

The error indicates EVENT_TYPE_HIGH and EVENT_MASK are not defined.
(PROX_EVENT and EYE are defined in my code)

I've researched the syntax for SetEvent and Monitor, and as near as I can
tell these values should be native to NQC, and available for use without
needing to do any includes or defines myself.  I also downloaded and
installed the latest version of NQC itself and got the same error compiling
the code from the command line.

Any input on this?  My bot is sitting idle until I can work this out.  (I
write code for a living, so would prefer to use NQC, rather than the default
graphical software).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Shawn

ps.  I did check through http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/, the NQC web
pages, and a google search - no mention of this issue found.  Oh, and I'm
running on a Win2K box.